Thursday, July 17, 2008

From the Humor Department

A young man was preparing for a date with a beautiful girl. He had read that he should get his date something to give her at the end of the evening as a token of his appreciation. So he went to a chocolate store and asked the owner for three separate boxes of chocolates -- a one pound box, a two pound box and a three pound box.

The owner was happy to fill the order but asked the young man why he purchased three separate boxes.

"Well, you see," said the young man, "I have this date tonight. How the date progresses determines the size of chocolate I will give my date as a token of appreciation."

"And how does that work?" asked the owner.

"If she only lets me hold her hand and doesn't allow me to kiss her, then I will give her the one pound box. If she allows me to kiss her goodnight, but only a sweet little kiss, then I will give her the two pound box. But if she allows me to make out with her, then I will bring out the three pound box."

"I see," said the owner. "Well, good luck."

"Thanks," said the young man. "I'm really hoping that tonight will be a three pound box kind of night."

Later that evening, the young man came to the girl's home. Her mother opened the door and asked him to come in for just a moment as the girl came down the stairs. Her father also came out to meet the young man and just before they were to go, the young man asked if they could pray before leaving her house. Impressed with his commitment to his religion, but a little taken back, the girl tentatively agreed. Mom and Dad stood quietly as the young man began to pray. And he prayed and prayed and prayed. Finally, and much to the relief of the girl and her parents, he ended his prayer and they left the house.

"I didn't realize you were such a religious person," noted the girl as they got into his car.

"I didn't realize that your father owned a chocolate store."

No comments: